Requisition Number: ENG-001-0622
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary
Stratom, Inc. is a high-tech company specializing in autonomous robotics and unmanned vehicles. We are a group of self-motivated and high-performing professionals who thrive on the development and implementation of innovative autonomous solutions committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence.
Stratom is seeking a versatile individual with professional hands-on experience in developing and assembling robotic hardware architectures to own the mechatronics design of unmanned vehicles and autonomous robotic arm projects. As a growing R&D firm, each team member is asked to wear many hats and contribute in a wide variety of disciplines, so resourcefulness and adaptability are highly valued. A strong candidate will also have outstanding interpersonal skills and be ready to become a prominent leader within our engineering team right away. See our innovative work in action on our YouTube channel.
We are seeking an individual with a combination of the skills listed below and certainly don’t expect you to have experience with each line item. Please don’t hesitate to apply if you believe you strike a good balance for the job.
Robotic & Unmanned Systems Engineering:
- Demonstrated ability designing, building, and integrating mechatronic robotic architectures, including computers, sensors, wiring harnesses, controls, and wireless networks
- Experience selecting and implementing control systems and/or autonomous sensing platforms
- Developing and implementing electromechanical wiring schematics and cable layouts
- Familiarity with industrial automation technology, including hydraulic systems, robotic arms, motion control, and safety systems
- Experience under the hood with cars & trucks, farming equipment, or similar
- Perform basic prototyping and fabrication of parts to including the use of a mill, drills, and welders
- Work with customers and leading teammates to develop operational concepts, system-level requirements, and interface definitions
- Comfortable working at various levels on a project team and across multiple disciplines
- Domain knowledge in autonomous vehicle sensing technology and perception algorithm development (Images, Point Clouds, etc.)
- Experience with and desire to participate in wiring and system assembly
- Perform risk analysis, including identification, management, and mitigation
- Writing requirements, developing test plans, and completing verification/validation procedures
- An understanding of military specifications, including safety, electronic, power, mechanical, and environmental standards
- Demonstrated self-starter, dedicated owner of driving their work forward, and strong teamworking skills
- Ability to guide and provide task prioritization to team members
Education and Experience
Minimum 3+ years’ experience in robotics systems engineering, or related. A Bachelor of Science in a relevant Engineering Field (Systems, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Computer Science, or Robotics) is required. An advanced degree or certification in any of these disciplines is preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
DoD Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
Ability to travel up to 10% for system integrations and prototype demonstrations.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary range of $110,000 – $150,000
Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to email@example.com.