Requisition Number: ENG-007-0520
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary
Stratom, Inc. is a high-tech company specializing in autonomous robotics and unmanned vehicles. The company attracts high-performing professionals who thrive on the development and implementation of innovative solutions and who are committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence.
Our Mechanical Engineers play a key role in making the vehicles of the future a reality by working on technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous vehicles for our customers. As a member of our team, the candidate will perform product architecture definition, technical planning, engineering analysis and design, systems integration, execute engineering activities, develop technical solutions and perform systems functional analysis for robotic and autonomous vehicle systems.
Job Responsibilities & Skills
- Design and fabricate mechanical components and systems for next-generation autonomous vehicles
- Execute detailed design such as vehicle structural/stress analysis, dynamic analysis, FEA, kinematics, motion analysis, sensor integration, etc.
- Develop engineering schedules and documentation including systems specs
- Develop mechanical product architectures
- Support risk and configuration management activities
- Prepare technical and project status reports and conducting technical reviews
- Work with suppliers for the quoting and fabrication of parts and assemblies
- Turning concept into reality by designing components in CAD, coordinating fabrication of parts, getting hands-on with subassemblies, and leading system level testing.
- Helping solve challenging issues with the design and maturation of multiple drivetrain platforms.
Education & Experience
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering / vehicles. A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical is required with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
Skills & Certifications:
- Comfortable debugging, disassembling, modifying, and installing electrical and mechanical systems in vehicles
- Ability to quickly and creatively solve problems, independently and in teams, while maintaining quality work
- Experience with hands-on vehicle integration, including wiring harnesses and packaging is preferred
- Experience designing, procuring, & assembling vehicle suspension and propulsion systems, preferably for off-road vehicles
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse projects
- SolidWorks CAD Software. DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Stratom is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to firstname.lastname@example.org.