Requisition Number: ENG-003-0320
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary
Stratom, Inc. is a high-tech company specializing in autonomous robotics and unmanned vehicles. The company attracts high-performing professionals who thrive on the development and implementation of innovative solutions and who are committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence.
Note: this mechanical engineering job posting is for a full-time salaried position at Stratom Inc. but the candidate will also operate as a contractor for an additional high-tech engineering firm in Boulder, CO.
As a member of our team, the candidate will perform product architecture definition, technical
planning, engineering analysis and design, systems integration, execute engineering activities,
develop technical solutions and perform systems functional analysis for robotic systems. The
candidate will work with leading providers of robotics within the commercial and DoD community to integrate our solutions with their architecture.
Job Responsibilities & Skills
- Perform mechanical engineering/design of robotic/ satellite systems to include:
- Detailed design to include structural / stress analysis, dynamic analysis, FEA, kinematics, motion analysis, sensor integration, etc.
- Develop engineering schedules and documentation including systems specs
- Develop mechanical product architectures
- Support risk and configuration management activities
- Prepare technical and project status reports and conducting technical reviews
- Work with suppliers for the quoting and fabrication of parts and assemblies
- Perform system/product integration. Verifies and validates highly complex system designs to ensure conformance with specifications and customer requirements
Education & Experience
Minimum 10 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering / robotics. A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical is required with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
Skills & Certifications
SolidWorks CAD Software, Agile Product Lifecycle Management. DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Stratom is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to email@example.com.