Requisition Number: ENG-001-0622
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary
Stratom, Inc. is a high-tech company specializing in autonomous robotics and unmanned vehicles. The company attracts high-performing professionals who thrive on the development and implementation of innovative solutions and who are committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence.
Stratom is seeking a versatile individual with professional experience in systems engineering and team leadership to be a major contributor to our unmanned vehicle and autonomous robotic arm projects. As a growing R&D firm, each team member is asked to wear many hats and contribute in a wide variety of disciplines, so resourcefulness and adaptability are highly valued. A strong candidate will also have outstanding interpersonal skills and be ready to become a prominent leader within our engineering team right away.
We are seeking an individual with a combination of the skills listed below and certainly don’t expect you to have experience with each line item. If you believe you strike a good balance for the job, please don’t hesitate to apply.
- Demonstrated ability creating robotic system architectures and integrating subsystems
- Contribute core engineering skills and expertise in systems engineering, robotics, embedded systems, sensor selection, electrical engineering and/or software development
- Work with customers and leading teammates to develop operational concepts, system level requirements, and interface definitions
- Developing and implementing wiring schematics and cable layouts
- Experience selecting and implementing control systems and/or autonomous sensing platforms
- Writing requirements, developing test plans, and completing verification/validation procedures
- Perform risk analysis including identification, management, and mitigation
- An understanding of military specifications including safety, electronic, power, mechanical, and environmental standards
- Analyze system design for Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM)
- Comfortable working at various levels on a project team, and across multiple disciplines
- Domain knowledge in autonomous vehicle sensing technology and perception algorithm development (Images, Point Clouds, etc.)
- Experience with automotive systems, including drivetrain and body controls
- Experience with and desire to participate in wiring and system assembly
- Familiarity with industrial automation technology, including hydraulic systems, robotic arms, motion control, and safety systems
- Demonstrated project management, leadership, and people skills
- Ability to guide and provide task prioritization to team members
- Proven ability to grow and develop peers and subordinates
Education and Experience
Minimum 5+ years’ experience in robotics systems engineering, or related. A Bachelor of Science in a relevant Engineering Field (Systems, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Computer Science, or Robotics) is required. An advanced degree or certification in any of these disciplines is preferred.
This position requires the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Ability to travel up to 10% for system integrations and prototype demonstrations.
Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to firstname.lastname@example.org.