Requisition Number: ENG-005-1022
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary
Stratom, Inc. is a high-tech company specializing in autonomous robotics and unmanned vehicles. We are a group of self-motivated and high-performing professionals who thrive on developing and implementing innovative autonomous solutions committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence.
Stratom is seeking a versatile individual with professional hands-on experience in developing and assembling robotic hardware architectures to own the mechatronics design of unmanned vehicles and autonomous robotic arm projects. As a growing R&D firm, each team member is asked to wear many hats and contribute in a wide variety of disciplines, so resourcefulness and adaptability are highly valued. A strong candidate will also have outstanding interpersonal skills and be ready to become a prominent leader within our engineering team right away. See our innovative work in action on our YouTube channel.
We are seeking an individual with a combination of the skills listed below and certainly don’t expect you to have experience with each line item. Please don’t hesitate to apply if you believe you strike a good balance for the job.
Robotics & Mechanical Engineering:
- Detailed mechanical design; including structural / stress analysis, dynamic analysis, FEA, kinematics, motion analysis, sensor integration, etc.
- Familiarity with industrial automation technology, including hydraulic systems, robotic arms, motion control, electrical devices, robotic sensors, and safety systems.
- Experience under the hood with cars & trucks, farming equipment, or similar.
- Perform basic prototyping and fabrication of parts to including the use of a mill, drills, welders.
- Work with customers and leading teammates to develop operational concepts, system-level requirements, and interface definitions.
- Work with suppliers for the quoting and fabrication of parts and assemblies.
- Perform risk analysis, including identification, management, and mitigation.
- Prepare technical and project status reports and conducting technical reviews.
- An understanding of military specifications including safety, electronic, power, mechanical, and environmental standards.
- Demonstrated self-starter, dedicated owner of driving their work forward, and strong teamworking skills.
- Ability to guide and provide task prioritization to team members.
- Support risk and configuration management activities.
- Comfortable working at various levels on a project team and across multiple disciplines.
Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or similar. An engineering Bachelor of Science degree is required, with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
Skills and Certifications
SolidWorks CAD Software, Agile Product Lifecycle Management, working with workshop tools and machining equipment. DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain one.
This position requires the use of information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Stratom is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary range of $80,000 – $110,000
Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to firstname.lastname@example.org.