Requisition Number: ENG-002-0320
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary
Stratom, Inc. is at the forefront of high-tech robotics and unmanned vehicle development. Our team members are committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence, and thrive on the development and implementation of innovative autonomous solutions.
As a member of our team, the candidate will lead autonomy software development, systems integration, and functional analysis for advanced robotic systems. The individual will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of all aspects of creating novel autonomous products and solutions. Specifically, the candidate should have a deep familiarity with perception, motion planning, sensor fusion, and functional testing. The candidate will work with leading providers of robotic solutions within the unmanned systems community.
Typical duties include:
- Design and implementation of perception and robotic system architectures
- Perception algorithm development for robotic applications
- Development of control schemes for robotic and autonomous systems
- Integration and testing of the aforementioned robot software
- Development and/or utilization of sensor interfaces for cameras, LIDAR, GPS, radar, etc.
- Support of on-site robotic field testing and live demonstrations
- Continuous interaction with customers, partners, and coworkers
- Risk analysis, identification, management, and mitigation
- Professional software development skills – version control, CI/CD, SDLC, etc.
- May be a project or task lead. If so, is responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule.
Education & Experience
Minimum 10+ years’ experience in robotics. A Master’s or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Robotics is strongly preferred.
Skills & Certifications
A proficiency in C/C++, Linux and ROS is desirable.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Stratom is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Stratom offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. To apply for this position, please submit your resume with the Requisition Number to email@example.com.