Requisition Number: BD-001-1221
Location: Remote with easy access to customer locations across the eastern half of the US
Employment Type: Salaried Full Time Position
Stratom, Inc. is a cutting-edge high-tech company specializing in autonomous robotics and unmanned vehicles. The company attracts high-performing professionals who thrive on the development and implementation of innovative solutions and who are committed to honesty, integrity, and excellence.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Director of Business Development / Government Relations, you will lead sales and new business development pursuits in the defense and commercial industries, including identifying best targets of opportunity, employing effective methods of pursuit, and “in the field” capturing of new business opportunities. The candidate will remain involved from the initial pursuit, through proposal preparation, to contract award. The candidate will be responsible for aggressive sales and revenue growth within the company and building a sustainable sales and business development organization.
More About the Role:
- Lead our Business Development strategy with a focus on defense and initial exposure into commercial markets
- Develop strategic plan for defense business including sales forecast and budget allocations
- Perform defense market analysis to identify key programs, customers, and funding sources
- Identify, establish, and maintain long-term key customer relationships
- Ability to identify best avenues of pursuit for new business opportunities
- Ability to decipher new business capture strategies based on customer requirements
- Providing analysis and feedback on high probability win opportunities, to include aligning partnerships or teaming agreements
- Development and execution of proposals, including defining win themes, translating customer’s needs, and cost to win analysis in response to customers needs and company value-proposition
- Business networking with customers and potential partners to uncover new opportunities and then developing a strategic team to win these opportunities
- Development and execution of the corporate marketing strategy with advertising media, communications, and tradeshow events
- Perform the planning, execution, and representation at events, trade shows, and conferences
- Utilization of Salesforce CRM and presentation of monthly BD status and dashboard reports
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or engineering. Master’s degree (MBA or technical field) preferred. 10+ years’ experience in sales or new business development with a focus on the federal government, Department of Defense, and technology development.
- Prior military experience is a plus.
Skills and Certifications:
- Strong skills in business development, account management, and sales process
- Demonstrated success working directly with the Department of Defense and Prime contractors on new contract capture – proven ability to close the deal
- Understanding the needs of our military customers and being able to convert operational needs into technical requirements and capabilities
- Understanding of the Department of Defense R&D, experimentation, and acquisition processes to include the appropriate organizational structures.
- Knowledge of DoD contracting and familiarity with the Federal Acquisitions Regulations
- Direct experience with Army and Air Force robotics and unmanned systems programs a plus
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate advanced technology concepts and capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills and proven experience communicating technical, contractual, and financial information to customers
- Must be a self-starter with initiative, drive, and a determination to accomplish tasks with limited direction
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and customer service skills required
- Experience in Salesforce CRM a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Products is required
- DoD Security Clearance desired, but not required.
- This position requires the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Travel Required: This position will require travel as needed to support the business development efforts, the majority of which will be domestics, but some may be international
Employment Type: This is an Exempt Full-time Salaried position Stratom, Inc. offers an array of benefits to eligible full-time employees, including health insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a retirement investment plan, annual paid time off, and holiday pay. Stratom is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability and shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.