Software Engineering and Control Systems
Stratom’s software team realizes that the quality of a product is largely determined by the quality of the process that is used to develop and maintain it. Stratom’s software engineers follow an Agile software philosophy focusing on customer collaboration, rapid change, team work, and incremental working software. We balance the Agile software philosophy by performing company’s best practices, comprehensive documentation, and detailed schedules similar to a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) to ensure consistency and to reduce risk.
We concurrently use an issue/bug tracking system (TRAC) with the Subversion revision control system. Additionally, Stratom is a National Instrument's Alliance Partner with Certified LabVIEW software developers (CLAD and CLD).
Stratom’s software engineers specialize in the following areas:
- Characterization of system response and modeling of complex systems
- Signal processing and control law design
- Robustness and sensitivity analysis
- Standard reference designs for device drivers, error handling, and message logging
- Customer friendly XML-based data dictionary to handle data intensive projects
- Queued state machines to control complex operations
- Object-oriented techniques to clearly define the application programmer interface (API)
- Synchronization of multiple target deployments with networked hardware-in-the-loop systems
- Embedded real-time applications using priority-based multithreading
- Resources efficient code design and real-time execution for jitter analysis
- LabVIEW FPGA for reconfigurable, fast, deterministic and reliable control loops
- LabVIEW Real Time on the CompactRIO and Smart Camera
- Robotic arms and Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles (UAV)
- Image processing and feature detection
- Cameras, sensors and manipulators
- Robotic arm control, steering, and rotational kinematics
- Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C)
Stratom’s software languages and tools include:
National Instruments LabVIEW, MATLAB, Simulink, Python, C/C++, Java, HTML
Stratom is also a Certified National Instruments Alliance Partner.